Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Absent friends


HA!
Gotcha, I don't have any followers, so the absent friend has been myself.

After the last post a friend talked to me and said I hadn't been a happy camper for a while. They had noticed a decline in my attitude. Well yea, I hurt. So I talked to me Doctor and got a prescription for Celexa or happy pills as I like to call them. Damn it, after just three days of taking the little gems, I felt better. Wow, what a difference.

So I tackled a new dress to wear to Coronation in early November. It was based off of the Jane Seymour dress and other than one thing, I nailed it. My error was to lace the dress up the back instead of the front and then cover the lacing with a plastron, I didn't think I could that sleek/smooth front. Dresses back then were 99% of the time, laced up the front. And I even made the most uncomfortable hat in the world.

So my next task is to make a dress in the style of Katherine Parr, the one with the fur sleeves. And I will lace it up the front dog gone it.

I've been working on making a gambeson for my husband, it does not appear to fit but the person I got the pattern from said do the buttons and we'll take a look at it. Okay....

No comments:

Post a Comment